Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Deadlines and Anniversaries

So much has occurred and passed without proper acknowledgement this year... A year since I physically parted ways with my mate of five years, almost to the date of our 5th anniversary... Things just seems to have reached a standstill. Sometimes I still wistfully imagine that whatever foolishness brought us to the break will dissipate, and we will find ourselves back again like co-conspirators in life. But our paths definitely diverged, and as much as I can see an example with my mother and stepdad, it is still the exception and not the rule. In fact, the rule very well is something that I will be fighting against, if we are to take all these women's magazines and talk show hosts seriously to the letter....

The deadline of my ship going out to sea is fast approaching, and I didn't take my motion sickness pills far enough in advance.

Here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment