Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Life You Save May Be Your Own

This was just said to me, partly in joke and partly serious, from a co-worker/friend in response to my mentioning the mining officer that hit on me relentlessly while I was trying to enjoy a Banks beer in the Kurupung mining village. It was a singularly Caribbean experience, to say the least.

The interesting thing is what the intended effect that comment was supposed to have upon me.... Seeing as how I am in the deep jungle interior of Guyana at the time of this encounter, attempting to zone out from all that I left behind in New York.... one could say it was an ill-informed response.
Or, maybe the angels are making themselves known in both obvious and surreptitious ways.

Can you tell that I bristled just a little bit?

I wouldn't call myself one to ignore and chafe at sound advice, and I have been known at times to even entertain foolish commentary in order to open my mind to the grand exercise of tolerance and understanding.

And I cannot help but store this away like a chipmunk, in my cheek, for further ponderance...

To be revisited...

No comments:

Post a Comment