Friday, August 3, 2012

Hoisting the Bucket (List)

I have put a lot of thought into this over the years. A decade ago I travelled to Australia to study for three months. I walked in a Tasmanian Heritage Site and imagined myself in the world of Middle Earth. I said I would make it to New Zealand before the next ten years. Hasn't happened yet, but it's up there. I definitely see a lot more travel on my bucket list, for the main fact that my blood was meant to go far. I may never have any biological children, but there is something in me that yearns to know all the places I came from. I want to see China, and maybe trace down my ancestral line there.

Other places to go...
Bali
St. Petersburg via Trans-Siberian Rail
Goa
Hindu Kush
Tibet
South Korea
Singapore
Scotland
Ireland
All the countries of Central and South America
Alaska
Vermont
Quebec City
Vancouver
A desert in a foreign land
South Africa
Morocco
Namibia
Madagascar
Kenya


Things to Do...
Read the Bible
Read the Q'uran
Visit a Buddhist temple
Visit a Hindu temple
Visit a Jewish holy site
Go to a Jewish wedding
Go to a Hindu wedding

Write and record a song
Photography project(s)
Ride a Horse
Build a house
Have a garden or greenhouse (or farm!)
Scuba diving
Publish a memoir, novel, nonfiction, children's books
Revisit my Master's Thesis
Have a positive understanding/relationship with my father
Design clothing
Create and maintain libraries and conservatories
Participate as a board member for a successful mission/organization
Have a charitable fund for young women

This list will expand, I'm sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment