Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Namesake- -Part 1

My good friend is living across the country, so it is a rare treat to be able to see her, and while we are both busy getting our life on, even a 45 minute conversation is too few and far between. Either way, she is the constant gentle nudge when it comes to coming a bit more out of my shell and reaching tendrils beyond borders.

OOH-Rah, chica!
Of course, that means I am now searchable.

Funnily enough, upon looking for my public profile, I found a number of African (all Ethiopian?) bloggers with my exact first name! It is heartening and disorienting at once....

More on this later, but suffice it to say that in my quest for a defining self-identity, my name has been a source of chagrin as well as intrigue for me for almost thirty years.

Welcome, readers...

(Originally published on 2011-08-23 09:14)

1 comment:

  1. Imagine that, you have a name from East African and I have a face that places me there. Isn't that something :-)

    ReplyDelete